Sunday, April 27, 2014

Unbelievable.....but in a GOOD WAY!

Just got home a bit ago from watching my amazing friend and her boyfriend finish the NJ Marathon!  Words can't quite express how proud of her I am.  Even at mile 25 she's smiling and makin it look easy.  While standing there with my poster for her "That's not sweat it's liquid AWESOME!"  I'm thinking I totally want to do one.  I definitely have to train for it that's just a given but, I really think I can do it.  Tough Mudder is 10-12 miles with 25+ obstacles so it's nearly a 1/2 marathon.  I've definitely got to pick it up with the running, maybe I should do a 1/2 marathon first to get a feel for just straight running. 

It's always a brand new week.  I'm down 79 lbs total since my surgery and just beaming with pride.  On a 5 mile walk with my boyfriend yesterday I told him that I know its only 6 months ago but I can't remember what it's like to be that size anymore.  I had walked the trail we were on years ago when I was still heavy and couldn't believe how much easier it was yesterday.  I wasn't out of breath at points that I normally would have been.  My legs didn't hurt at all, no back pain, no having to stop.  So with is being a new week that means new goals to make!

My weekly goals are generally: 70,000 steps/wk, 30 miles/wk, 80g of protein a day, 120 oz of water a day, run at least 3x per week.  I'm reading this really great book I probably should make a goal to read at least 3x per week.  I also want to try and be asleep by 11:30 pm so I can get up at 7:00 am and be well rested ready to take on the day. 

It's all about the journey not just the destination!

#RISEANDGRIND

No comments:

Post a Comment